Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Spirit Box by JH Glaze

A Paranormal Horror/Thriller that delivers. It's a unique tale that reshapes and redefines the Modern Paranormal Genre. When Walt Turner's mother died, he inherited her apartment and the antique shop below. After losing his job due to the treachery of a co-worker, The Spirit Box calls to him from the darkness of the shop with an offer of revenge. Lured by the promise of ultimate power and eternal life by the prisoner inside the box, Walt agrees to help it gather the final spirits it requires to return to human form. John Hazard is investigating a series of murders and missing persons in this otherwise quiet town. His perceptions of reality are about to be altered in a life changing confrontation that will force him beyond the boundaries of darkness and ancient evil. It is a spiraling descent into madness, where you may have everything you desire, if only you are willing to sacrifice all that you believe. When you look into The Spirit Box, be prepared to have more than your breath taken away.    Description from Amazon.
                                                  

My Review:

I LOVE this book!! LOVE!!!  It is original and the characters and story are both well developed. I felt I was right there in the action of the story. This book did suck me in, much like a Spirit Box!!!
I don’t want to give too much away. This is a must read! Especially for you Koontz and King fans…it does not disappoint!
The story is about Walt Turner. An average Joe kind of guy...misunderstood and a little down on his luck. He inherited his mother’s apartment above an antique shop.  This is where the Spirit Box resides.  After an unfortunate incident at his job, Walt begins to “hear” the box and with promises of anything Walt desires, Walt serves the box’s commands.
While this is happening, John Hazard is investigating disappearances and murders in this small sleepy town. He is about to embark on journey into paranormal and what is real and what is not and what else is out there in the world.
The story is realistic. I can relate to both Walt and John and I believe most people can relate to them as well. I love the style of writing as well. It is true to life.
If I could give more than 5 stars...I would. It is that good.
The Spirit Box is one of my top books and truly a great horror/scary book I have read in a LONG time. I have the sequel NorthWest ready to read!
Where to buy:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-spirit-box-jeff-glaze/1104755875?ean=2940013099777&itm=3&usri=the+spirit+box

Where to find JH Glaze:





2 comments:

  1. I've been lacking on my reading. I've been meaning to read this book but haven't gotten to it. What's wrong with me?! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean!!!! I have been in a rut too..this book though....kept me interested!! :)

      Delete